Karma Claud Butler Oracle Frame

gixxer66

Dirt Disciple
There's an issue with the BB that may be fixable, I dont have either the skill or tools to attempt it. tbf not sure it's even worthwhile.
When I bought the bike the BB was shot, it had been ridden like that for seemingly a while. I had to take the frame to the lbs and have them remove drive side cup. Which had moved out of square in the frame. To cut a long story short the BB is oval, which means you cant tighten the BB cartridge in, so either rapidly destroys it or it comes loose.

Measures 22.5" from top of the seat tube to centre of the BB

If anyone wants it, collection only from Derby. I'll chuck in the rough 200GS cranks, F+R Derailleurs to go with it.

Attachments

• IMG_0227.JPEG
    IMG_0227.JPEG
    1.6 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0228.JPEG
    IMG_0228.JPEG
    653.3 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0229.JPEG
    IMG_0229.JPEG
    605.1 KB · Views: 22
To bad you aren't posting, that might be a good size to replace my Cannondale frame with.
That had it's fork bent like Beckham wednesday because some guy thought it was funny to suddenly park in the middle of the bikepath. So that frame is done for.

Would using a professional thread reaming tool work to fix the oval?
I'd like to think so, but it might well destroy the tool because it's not supposed to "un-ovalise" a BB.

I'm happy to box it up, weigh it etc. If you want to arrange a courier / someone to pick it up. I dont drive so taking large packages anywhere is a pain in the ass :D

Latest posts

Back