Checker pig CPX 6060

dan66

Dirt Disciple
Hello people, do you have any information about this bike?
It looks like it might be half the 90's.
I found only a few pictures of a newer curved frame with the same designation.

Attachments

• 81047734.jpg
    81047734.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 2,401
  • 81047734 (1).jpg
    81047734 (1).jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 2,401
  • 81047734 (2).jpg
    81047734 (2).jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 2,398
  • 81047734 (3).jpg
    81047734 (3).jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 2,399
Re:

Checker Pig was a Belgium bike and surf brand. In 1991, they developed some suspension bikes with strange round carbon fiber springs…

2702413693_c776212d0e_o.jpg

Re: Re:

troje":1q523vq3 said:
Thought they were German based with production in Taiwan.
Acording to Checker Pig they are German and where in 1989
http://www.checker-pig.com/index.php?id=cp

The brand CHECKER PIG was established in 1989 and is thus the oldest German mountain bike brand. Originally, snowboards were produced in addition to bikes. But soon we concentrated on the production of high-quality MTBs. The high degree of innovativeness of CHECKER PIG was also demonstrated by the production of the first German Fullys with the legendary Carbonring rear suspension. The name CHECKER PIG itself is an American-derived slang expression and means "grin (cool) sow". Due to the fast-paced market succession, the bike range was extensively extended, and thus came race bikes, trekking, cross and folding bikes. Since 1989 the "grinning sow" has been an integral part of the international racing scene both off-road and on the road, not to forget the international title "CP" by Michael Hübner (World Champion!) and Jens Fiedler (Olympiasieger) on the track. The experiences and insights gained during the hard race were, of course, permanently integrated into the development of new wheels.

With the change in the age structure of the potential customer groups, the model range has been continually expanded and optimized in a target group, so that today all those who want to use their bike as a leisure or sports equipment can find their perfect bike at CHECKER PIG - right up to the youngest young bikers!

RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT

We at CHECKER PIG are passionate bikers. All bikes are developed and designed in our headquarters in Berlin-Hoppegarten. In order to be able to offer first-class and perfectly built wheels, CHECKER PIG bicycles are manufactured to the highest production standards. This is followed by an expert final inspection and functional control of the wheel - also in the field. The majority of the product line is produced in Europe. Our top model TEAM PIG is made by hand in Germany. This ensures compliance with a very high quality standard.

CHECKER PIG - Suction wheels for those who want to ride the pure pleasure of the bike!

Thanks for the responses.
Still no trace... Sometimes it's the detective work to get older information than the 2000's :)
Frame technology is very similar to Trek 9600-9900, but obviously it's a different form.
I think I'm going to play this piece even without further information.
Have some good carbon stuff - Ritchey WCS fullcarbon fork 409mm, R. Wcs handlebars, R. Superlogic stem + Mavic Crossroc UST wheels and Avid 2.0 Digit v-brakes. It should work well together.

Re: Re:

troje":2191g1bo said:
Thought they were German based with production in Taiwan.
You're right... German.
I have read something about that brand in 1991 and the information about the belgium origin was wrong. Sorry :oops:

Re:

Now I can buy frame for 147 gpb...
Seems to be in mint condition.
Dunno if should I do this :?

Attachments

• 84445142.jpg
    84445142.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 1,754
Back