Charlie Brown Christmas '94 Brodie Sovereign Colour Pics P6

Re: Charlie Brown Christmas Brodie Sovereign

Very clean build, nice job there. Where did you find those new tan wall tires?

Mountaintrail":l0rutnsj said:
Very clean build, nice job there. Where did you find those new tan wall tires?

Thanks! I ran into a shop that had 35 or so dart skinwalls and about the same in black wall smokes. Solid score. Kept a half dozen of each and sold the rest. Built some bikes with the profit. Snowflake turns into blizzard ;) The original smoke skinwalls were a store basement find ... Only 3 or 4 of those.

Love the video clips Jim. That front mech cable is trick as fook! :cool:

regan_ev":2kcxkp6r said:
Love the video clips Jim. That front mech cable is trick as fook! :cool:

Thanks. Very pleased with how this is turning out. Dropping off a set of original Paul cable hangers to be redone in a black sliver mix to match the cranks. Then she's done.

Re: Charlie Brown Christmas Brodie Sovereign (1994) finished p5

Very nice build! :cool:
I'm surprised that the cable stop wasn't fixed before Toxic Herald repainted the frame. It seems like that would be the perfect time to braze on a new one...was it just overlooked by the previous owner?

Re: Charlie Brown Christmas Brodie Sovereign (1994) finished p5

Blizz":3s9tv0nl said:
Very nice build! :cool:
I'm surprised that the cable stop wasn't fixed before Toxic Herald repainted the frame. It seems like that would be the perfect time to braze on a new one...was it just overlooked by the previous owner?

Thanks!

I'm not sure on the cable stop. Harrold said he could have had it repaired prior to painting. I guess the previous owner just passed on doing it. I originally planned a 1 X 7 setup for this until I found this solution. It works really well and was pretty simple thanks to the built in anti-chain suck plate on the frame.

Re:

The cable stop was removed prior to paint at Toxik. I originally purchased the bike but found it too small, I later found my current Expresso. I passed it off to a good friend after a brawl almost ensued after people found what I paid for it. It was then I found out about the cable stop and paint scheme.

Re:

Chickenball":fpdmk3c8 said:
The cable stop was removed prior to paint at Toxik. I originally purchased the bike but found it too small, I later found my current Expresso. I passed it off to a good friend after a brawl almost ensued after people found what I paid for it. It was then I found out about the cable stop and paint scheme.

It's been passed around like a prom queen ;)

I only knew of 3 owners. Sounds like it got flipped a few times. I got it off shutter, I think he got it off fleabay. I guess it saw a few shops on the west coast before it headed east :D

Re:

He didn't get it off of fleabay. In fact I think he got it off of here or Pink Bike. Here's your bike before the paint....

Back