Charlie Brown Christmas '94 Brodie Sovereign Colour Pics P6

Re: Re:

Dare":3gf82c6i said:
RockiMtn":3gf82c6i said:
what did you do there with the cabling to compensate for the missing f.mech cable stop?

also what did you do with regards to restoring the Turbine IB? did you paint/powdercoat, or re-anodized the arms? did you remove the spyder?

nice job. maybe next year i'll finally get to finishing mine. :oops:

Yes please answer all this :)

And I would like to add that it looks wonderful!

Thanks guys :) Star Wars day so I was immersed in that following the post of the bike.

The front derailleur is not 100% done yet. I need a bit more white housing. You guys have good memories - this frame has no cable stop for the front derailleur. To make it work I borrowed an idea I learned from building my cameron (I think some early yetis used this trick as well). The housing terminates directly at the front derailleur coming off the top tube. The cable runs through the derailleur and is not fixed. The cable than extends directly down and anchors to bolts on the anti chain suck plate. This essentially turns a top pull cable design into a down pull.

I was going to take some pics of that when it was all done. For now I hope that discription makes sense.

The cranks are Powdercoated flat black. I cleaned up the spider than pressed it back into place. They turned out well.

Re: Charlie Brown Christmas Brodie Sovereign

Jim, are you running the front with one of these housing ends at your front mech? This one is a spare ;) and just goes in place of the cable fixing bolt, If I recall it was off an older Trek and the inner did just continue to a small water bottle type boss low down on the back of the seat tube

Attachments

• IMG_20151223_195526164.jpg
    IMG_20151223_195526164.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 650

j0nnyr0cket":2gyc25ff said:
Jim, are you running the front with one of these housing ends at your front mech? This one is a spare ;) and just goes in place of the cable fixing bolt, If I recall it was off an older Trek and the inner did just continue to a small water bottle type boss low down on the back of the seat tube

I will be yes ... It's in one of my bins hiding from me at the moment, but that is the idea :)

That's why I left it attached to the mech..harder to loose the whole bloody thing. If you cant find the bit let me know and I'll give you this one, I tried to figure out if it was a OEM shimano part or something from the Trek factory when I first saw it. Its not a homemade piece for sure and I hadnt seen one prior

j0nnyr0cket":3oxpawvl said:
That's why I left it attached to the mech..harder to loose the whole bloody thing. If you cant find the bit let me know and I'll give you this one, I tried to figure out if it was a OEM shimano part or something from the Trek factory when I first saw it. Its not a homemade piece for sure and I hadnt seen one prior

Thanks! It's gotta be buried in my derailleur bin somewhere. I didn't look too hard since I still need the longer housing. It's handy having the chain suck mounts to anchor to. Makes it pretty easy.

thank you google back-up..this is what it was like installed. from your pic you'll still might have to get a bit creative how the cable housing routes, this one was zip-tied to the seat-stay I think... :facepalm:

Attachments

• IMG_20150806_174531276.jpg
    IMG_20150806_174531276.jpg
    199.9 KB · Views: 622

j0nnyr0cket":90egmghy said:
thank you google back-up..this is what it was like installed. from your pic you'll still might have to get a bit creative how the cable housing routes, this one was zip-tied to the seat-stay I think... :facepalm:

Perfect! I have a pic of a yeti and Cameron I used for the idea. Just need to execute it better.

Re:

Found it :D

Works super slick. Just waiting in some nicer cable hangers to arrive and it should be good to go.

Re: Re:

jimi911":d5kfu33g said:
Found it :D
Works super slick. Just waiting in some nicer cable hangers to arrive and it should be good to go.

That's cleverer than a clever thing. Never until reading this thread have I seen this type of FD setup. Good stuff! :)

Re:

Not sure if this will post properly but let's try it. These are videos so they may require a double tap to view. Not sure if they will embed.

New rear hub. You might know the sound (if there is sound)

Here's how the front derailleur works without a stop :)

Back