charge spoon saddle

supersamba66

Dirt Disciple
Has anybody got any feedback or opinion on this saddle,the guy at evans said that the madison flux is a better saddle,but it is only available online so i cant go into the shop to have a squeeze if you know what i mean.I just dont fancy paying 50 or 60 quid for a turbo or rolls.....i like the flite saddle but the re-issue is expensive and secondhand ones are usually scuffed and wont look good on a nut and bolt rebuild.....cheers guys....or girls.

I have one on both my msin road and mountain bike, comfiest saddle I've ever had and cheap too.

many thanks for the feedback....would appreciate some photos of the saddle on an old classic...ive only seen the new saddle on a new bike....would love to see it on something from the 90s...cheers

Charge Spoon on a 1990 Roberts White Spider.

WSphoto1.jpg

Charge Spoon on a 1995 Yates Diabolo

DSC_0056.jpg

The Diabolo is my training bike, and I am currently spending up to an hour on it, in the turbo trainer, every other day, with no 'comfort' issues.

I've got two more, but my other Roberts is still at Roberts and the Bigfoot build up is only just underway.

I have just fitted a Madison to my other Yates, but not had a chance to ride it yet, due to an injured shoulder. A quick sit in the garage gave me the impression that Madison is actually a little harder than the Spoon, but until I ride it, I can't really say.

Be aware that the black spoons can be pretty grey, which I why I bought the Madison, as I wanted a black saddle.

Bought a white one for my Avalanche as it was a bargain, but it got lost in the post :( just waiting for a replacement.

The tan would look good on any build I think.

Brown Spoon on my 98 Stumper......

GS11006.jpg

P1030073.jpg

P1110567.jpg

Black Spoon on my Dave Yates (I say my Dave Yates, but it now resides with NeilM)

Spoons are great and work well on retro or modern. My oldest Charge saddle is around four years old and holding up well.

The Madison Flux is (as the name suggests) distributed by Madison and should be very widely available in shops as well as internet. :D

Back