Changing M960 dual (disc) for separate units

ibbz

Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Karma King
Dyna-Tech Fan
Feedback
View
Want to change the dual control M960 hydraulic disc levers / 9 speed shifters for separate units such as M970 shifters and levers

Is this possible ?

Or are there other alternative brake levers such as Magura which can be used instead ?

Cheers

I've seen some hybrids online using m960 callipers and m970 levers. Also seen what's referred to shigura which as the name suggests is a combo of Shimano and magura, though whether there's a right and a wrong combination, I can't say. As brake lines are the same size in the main, I'd imagine many combinations would work, but I've never done it, my OCD for matching parts would never allow for it.

Someone on here might be looking for the combo you are looking to change, might be a sign for you to sell as a whole and buy a full set of matching things.

I've seen some hybrids online using m960 callipers and m970 levers. Also seen what's referred to shigura which as the name suggests is a combo of Shimano and magura, though whether there's a right and a wrong combination, I can't say. As brake lines are the same size in the main, I'd imagine many combinations would work, but I've never done it, my OCD for matching parts would never allow for it.

Someone on here might be looking for the combo you are looking to change, might be a sign for you to sell as a whole and buy a full set of matching things.
Thanks Ian
I reckon that’s what I have to do if I can’t get on with the dual control levers - replace calipers as well
I’ll stick to them for now but I might put the lot up for sale
I made an enqiry on the how much is my x worth

No worries, I had a mooch the other day when I was looking at the other thread and they seem to go for reasonable money sometimes and sometimes peanuts.

No worries, I had a mooch the other day when I was looking at the other thread and they seem to go for reasonable money sometimes and sometimes peanuts.
Thanks
If I sell it’ll be the lot inc the cranks rotors mechs. Or trade for some stuff ie a matching mech and shifters -
Plus some brakes and levers

@ishaw is correct, you can use Magura and Shimano together. The most common way is the other way round though to solve the leaky Shimano calliper issue. No reason it wouldn’t work the way you want to. Most other brands are a no no, since DOT and mineral oil components do not mix.

It’s all a bit of a faff though. I’d look out here and eBay for the parts you want and then sell yours complete.

@ishaw is correct, you can use Magura and Shimano together. The most common way is the other way round though to solve the leaky Shimano calliper issue. No reason it wouldn’t work the way you want to. Most other brands are a no no, since DOT and mineral oil components do not mix.

It’s all a bit of a faff though. I’d look out here and eBay for the parts you want and then sell yours complete.
Thanks yes seems my only good sensible option
If only Shimano made an M960 separate units rather than this cumbersome thing.

I’ll probably change the lot for M970 -
Bikes 2007 so no big deal

Back