Chain device!

thedirtyroger

Retro Guru
My chain keeps popping off, i'm running a 1x7 with a 44t cog. It's ruining my ride!

I've tried one of these:

10137.jpg

That was shit! :evil: but then again it was only £13

i'm thinking about getting one of these:

2183.jpg

It's on sale at CRC for £30! Any one had any experience with these??

Thanks

:cool: :cool: :cool:

I used to have a DMR speed guide and it was great, never had a problem with my chain coming off. Plus it was very adjustable due to it's simple construction, I managed to use it on 4 different frames and 2 different sized rings over the years..

259.jpg

..mines older than the one in the pic though and the bottom wheel is a jocky wheel with covers either side. [/list]

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
If you still have the Ging try it upside down. Its where the chain feeds into the top of the chanring thats the problem, any side to side motion from the chain as it feeds onto the chanring will take it off. Try the Ging upside down and position it as close to the chainring as possible. (Assuming your riding mainly road and not full on DH?)

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
A front mech is a great chainguide.

Something to stop the chain jumping off the top is all you need, not all that heavy DH jibber.

fingers":21a5lv82 said:

Something to stop the chain jumping off the top is all you need, not all that heavy DH jibber.

+1 for an old front mech.

I ride a 1x8 day in day out with a SS specific chainring. I got fed up of the chain jumping off about once a week. Nailed an old front mech on and job done! Chain never comes off now, Just use the adjuster screws to get it lined up in the right place and away you go!

fingers":1z47zz91 said:

Ok this sounds good! I may try this although i don't have a front mech available.

May just get the chain device ting!

Back