Centrelock or 6-bolt?

foz

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I've read various opinions, looked at prices and availability, and there doesn't seem to be much difference between them. So, which do you prefer and why?

Road / gravel run a couple of sets of wheels so swapping rotors is quicker with centrelock

MTB - 6 bolt seem to be less likely to bend compared to friends whose had centrelock rotors which can’t be trued after a slight knock

Reactions: foz
6 bolt preferably. Just easier to fit using a single easy to carry tool. DT wheels on road and gravel bike are centre lock, but using 6 bolt rotors with adaptors.

Haven’t experienced it, but some centelock rotors rock slightly due to poor tolerances. Depending on your cassette tool, you may also have to remove hub end caps to get enough clearance.

I've got both in use and can't really tell the difference. I did buy a formula floating one that rocked on the splines from new. Another one was fine so assume a dodgy spline. Had 6 bolts out of true from new so had issues with both.

chris king 2 years ago stopped making 6 bolt hubs & focused on centrelock.... until recently when they're restarted 6 bolt again. theres pros & cons for both, as others have mentioned...

Latest posts

Back