Centre lock Vs 6 bolt?

ishaw

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
I've got wheels with both, not really noticed any difference with either aside from one centre lock rotor I bought new seemed to have play.

Are there any benefits of one over the other?

I have 2 sets of 26" Crossmax's, one center lock and one 6 bolt. Nothing to do with braking performance, but for some reason, the 6 bolts won't work on older SIDs. The heads of the torx screws holding the rotor on contact the inside of the fork. The center locks clear fine.

I've had issues with both. But generally both systems work well enough.

For bolted, occasionally similar experiences to rentedmule. Also if you thread/snap a bolt, it's a serious pain.

For centre lock, sometimes due to the design of the hub/axle - sometimes I've not been able to get a tool onto the lock ring without removing the axle (which frankly is a massive pain in the backside).

I've had issues with both. But generally both systems work well enough.

For bolted, occasionally similar experiences to rentedmule. Also if you thread/snap a bolt, it's a serious pain.

For centre lock, sometimes due to the design of the hub/axle - sometimes I've not been able to get a tool onto the lock ring without removing the axle (which frankly is a massive pain in the backside).
Sounds like you need a deeper cassette lockring tool, similar to how you get deeper sockets.

6 bolt is cheaper, so that's a winner :D

Don't think there's really any difference, if any it'll be marginal.

Back