Carrera Quattro Comp XT

this must be earlier than the pne i had as mine was push push sti and had cantis on the rear...proper underatwd bike imo 531 magnum main tubes with 531At rear triangle.

big burner":rajus8lo said:
twain":rajus8lo said:
are you splitting it then? i have my eye on those pedals..:)

I hope not but if it come down to it i can hold them for you :)

And I would be interested in the chainset and thumbies if you do decide to part it out :eek:

I had one :) My cantis were black though. The pedals are a classic, I gave mine to a g/f on a Saracen Eiger Team I built for her. Would love to have them on my bouncy bike now. Hey ho.
My Quatro was written off by a tosser attacking me cos he didn't like my road position - got my day in court though :). The frame and forks are in the man cave still.

I had one - I worked at Halfords too and we were able to buy them with a staff discount, which for skint students was difficult to turn down. Very under-rated bikes, although I then bought a second-hand Overbury's Pioneer frameset out of the MBUK small ads and transferred the Carrera bits over to it, U-Brake and all.

I seem to remember MBUK gave the Quattro Comp a good write-up, but I think as far as sales went it suffered from brand snobbery. Well, mine certainly did...

My first proper mpuntain bike, got it from Halfords like everyone else, but managed to use the mother in laws Boots staff discount ( think they owned Halford at the time ) to buy it and got it for about £375!!!! Great bike and rally regret letting it go. Upgraded mine with Mavic headset and bottom bracket, Shoktech forks, Zoom stem, bars and seatpin etc. Can remember it coming with a saddle that had brasss rivets on it, like a Brooks. I've got some pics somewhere, i'll have to dig them out. If you plan to sell has a whole, i could be interested.

omg, had forgotten about this bike.. I used to go down halfords just to see this in the shop!.. Loved this bike!

Sweet :D

Back