Canyon Ultimate SLX

That's a great looking bike Martin! I've seen a few of these framesets for sale and wondered about them, is is light? I much prefer this design to the one with the dropped top tube at the seatpost

That's a great looking bike Martin! I've seen a few of these framesets for sale and wondered about them, is is light? I much prefer this design to the one with the dropped top tube at the seatpost
Thanks Mike!

Yes, it's really light. I believe one or two pro teams (including movistar) used this model I think.

Took it out for another ride yesterday and it really flew along nicely. Need to tweak the front mech as it flew the chain off the small ring when changing down but easy enough to sort.

Gulp! Thinking of going single ring on my light bike. I have a 44t narrow wide I could try out.
A Scott Addict Limited from 2008

Grabbed the wheel bags and frame bags from the garage today and assembled it this afternoon. Also fitted a new crank which I bought over winter on ebay which I think makes it look a lot more modern now!

Edit, forgot to update last summer when I fitted the new wheels as well!

Attachments

• IMG_20240607_151500.jpg
    IMG_20240607_151500.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 14
I remember hiring the previous incarnation of this model bike in Majorca. It felt hellishly stiff and not a good descender on anything that wasn't smooth, but by gawd was it fast. I've never ridden something as fast as that was. On those big wide roads north of Palma I was able to really cane it. If ever I was going to buy a bike specifically for 30/40 mile chain gangs that would be it

And here's the other one! Same groupset - 11s Chorus. Fitted a newly acquired cockpit this week and rewrapped the bars today.

IMG_20240628_160304.jpg

Latest posts

Back