canti and vbrake HELP retrobike!

Tifishlips#1

Dirt Disciple
hello all, I have a vintage mtb frame that is cantilever specific and I want to run cantis on it. However, I have a suspension fork that is V-Brake specific,
Im looking for a set of brake levers that can be used on canti and vbrakes.
any suggestions?
I found a pair of shimano xt brake levers that can do it, are there any others out there?
thanks for suggestions

Re:

Had similar problem on the wife's muddy fox, kept canti levers and added this gizmo onto the V-brakes on suspension forks, the eccentric roller basically means you can operate v-brakes effectively from a canti lever, thus keeping the cantis on the rear and retaining canti lever/shifter combos.

Attachments

• Foxy Update2.JPG
    Foxy Update2.JPG
    71.3 KB · Views: 526
Re:

There were some Ritchey Logic levers that could be switched between canti/V brake settings

Attachments

• $_35.jpg
    $_35.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 512
I have only seen one pair of these:

file.php

poweredbypies":1db6iv7o said:
http://problemsolversbike.com/products/travel_agents

you have the wrong one jussa its the one above that lets v's work on canti levers.

Yes pies, it is the correct one, it's a Problem Solver for using V-Brakes with Canti Levers, said so on the packet, and I've got Cantis fitted to rear and V's on the front. With Canti Levers/Shifter combos on the bars.

I though there was a lower end Shimano model level that could do both Canti and V? One of the servo wave models? STX rings a bell.

Avid make some brake levers that work with either, I think.

SD-7s or something like that. I bought a couple of pairs, NOS, from an eBay seller a couple of months back, so there's probably some kicking around still.

Latest posts

Back