Can't sleep... (Vitus)

Thanks all for your responses.
Really liked the scan magas. Certainly an interesting choice the syncros on a bonded frame. Have seen a control tech stem somewhere too that looked awesome, but think I'll go with a classic cinelli stem.
As for the frame falling apart I'm not too worried in the short run. Think the problem you're talking about relates more to the early 979s. But correct me if I'm wrong.

Re: .

Way2many":1ucfvvx4 said:
Is the front mech bracket on the wrong way round?

Wake up, that boy at the back!! ;)

Already mentioned on the previous page.

But never mind, I've done the same thing myself.

Several times :oops: :roll:

just got home with one

I just got home with a newly purchased Vitus. Not even looked at all the spec details yet. Basic spec is Omas big sliding titanium spindle hubs on gold mavic Oro rims, profiled alpina spokes. Mavic rear gear, Stronglight chainset, CLB brakes 3t, cinelli, milremo alloy clips. not sure on pedals but they are TI spindle italian but not campag (brand under clip). Campag seat post, Royal saddle. Frame is balck main with rear triangle. going to strip, clean, fettle and rebuild. Look top of the range late 70`s all classic Ron Kit stuff. Even has alloy outer cables. spec matches the feel of the frame perfectly. Pics will follow after restoration.

Back