Can a new RS paris Roubaix be converted to a MAG21??

Surprise surprise , I disassembled the Paris Roubaix today and found:
The top out sleeve has the 19mm lenght , wich is a long travel sleeve..??
:shock: (standard was 30.6mm on the Mag)

The rest is the same as the Mag 21 which I disassembled previously.
Except the upper fork tubes , which are a lot shorter than the Mag tubes.
I used the new Paris R. hardware and the fork tubes of the Mag and assembled it again.

It fits and it works!
Now I am in doubt if I will replace the Paris R stickers on the legs for the Mag21 stickers..... ;)

The original paris Roubaix legs are now for sale.
and the stickers come with it and the brace.
SkX2MJRvU8A.jpg

txtROGMG0aOZzr3Qjuu8PA.jpg

g7N4WdYEClA.jpg

30 eu without shippingcosts

Noboddy interested? Now that i have bought enough Mag21,s to play with , I am going to rebuild the Paris Roubaix fork again! :mrgreen:

Is there any way to replace the steerer on these guys? Ive got a mag21 that has a threaded steerer thats too short. Id like to put a longer one on and rebuild it if possible. Any tips?

angrytoaster":3r8uhboy said:
Is there any way to replace the steerer on these guys? Ive got a mag21 that has a threaded steerer thats too short. Id like to put a longer one on and rebuild it if possible. Any tips?

The steerer and crown can just be replaced in one piece. You see them on ebay area put a wanted up with the length and style you want.

angrytoaster":fbxjkxpl said:
You can make the old one longer :cool: I have done that with a lot of steering tubes.

I used the new Paris R. hardware and the fork tubes of the Mag and assembled it again.

It fits and it works!
Now I am in doubt if I will replace the Paris R stickers on the legs for the Mag21 stickers..... ;)
Hi @ree

It fits and it works!
Interesting old thread here. I was considering the same type of mash-up, converting a Roubaix into a standard mag 21. Not only are the stanchions shorter on the Roubaix fork, but the Roubaix fork lowers aren't "milled" out as deep as the mag 21s. If you stick a ruler down each, the ruler will go in farther on the mag 21. So while almost all the other parts are interchangeable, the lowers and stanchions aren't. I figured if I tried fitting a longer Mag 21 stanchion in the Roubaix lowers, the stanchion would stick out "too high", which might introduce lateral bending issues, not to mention the massive change in fork leg length and change in overall bike geometry.

Back