campagnolo sheriff

Midlife":3oyyouh7 said:
Hi Shanner

I'm in Carlisle, are you Palace Cycles?

Shaun

No I'm not Shaun, but I'm familiar with everyone in the shop and what they sell. I'm based in Edinburgh these days, for my sins but get back to Carlisle regularly.

rusty bodie":14sjzzzk said:
Shanner":14sjzzzk said:
No, not at all! It's the shape of the hubs hubs in side profile. They look like a Sheriff star..!!

I agree that IF you have been eating magic mushrooms and snorting ajax that they might look like the lawman's jaggy badge (I can't even bear to utter that ridiculous phrase!), but how on earth that stupid phrase stuck to something like C Record absolutely grates on my toadstools!!

A bit like, "Fixie"

:evil:

All the catalogues refer to it as the 'Record Corsa group'. Where the 'C' came from I've no idea. I guess it's just as wanky as 'Sheriff star'. :)

FWIW I think the Sheriff star hubs will be the next components to break the £1000 barrier for NOS on eBay. Rightly so, they are without doubt the most stylish hubset ever produced, IMO.

Nope.............the First gen Shimano are the classiest hubs ever :D and don't break LOL

53AB149B-19C7-43F6-8488-37652007CEAA.jpeg

And they came in black :)

Shaun

They are nice in black... But the last NOS pair I saw went for £500 boxed!!

I'd sooner have Sheriff star though, tbh ;)

Re:

We are sadly lacking in these wee cartoon faces to adequately express one's true feelings about things like SHERIFF STAR hubs!!!!!!!!!

:shock:

Back