Campagnolo info, please

P1090864_zpsljy8hkii.jpg

P1090854_zps47yfdl14.jpg

That's all I know at the mo

Soooo...how come they come in 124 and 132 lengths?
I only ask as somebody from here has one in 132mm which they've very kindly said I might be able to buy. Obviously i wouldn't want to waste the chaps time if it's unsuitable.
What are the rules on chainline? The frame it's going on is a Funk with a 31.8 seatube. Would the additional 8mm axle length balls it up completely?

Yours wishing he'd stuck to Shimano :oops:
Iksmer.

Re:

You need the longest BB for your centaur
On my Klein Attitude, When I decided to change the Shimano XT groupo for Campy Euclid, I had to swap the 125mm for a 132mm !
But When I removed the Euclid crankset(1990) for an Icarus compact crankset (1992), I could used a smaller ti spindle (around 115mm if I remember)

Something I've never understood about Campagnolo mtb chainsets bb's, is that they specify options of 124 and 132mm for the same chainset. How can the chainline be correct for both?
Can anybody explain please?
Edit. It's all about seat post diameter isn't it !@#?

Mine is on a Mavic sealed BB as someone has suggested and it fits v well indeed.

You need to get some chamfering done to get the bb to fit though I think.

The chainring choice does matter if you care about the look. As has been said, certain rings don't look great - Sugino being one - as they are too wide where they meet the spider. Works fine, just looks ugly, which with such a nice looking crank is a real shame.

If you can zoom in here you'll see what I mean:

nlouCmP.jpg

John J":17ef2t1n said:
Something I've never understood about Campagnolo mtb chainsets bb's, is that they specify options of 124 and 132mm for the same chainset. How can the chainline be correct for both?
Can anybody explain please?
Edit. It's all about seat post diameter isn't it !@#?

I see what you mean as the mech would be sat further out...but... Isn't the chain line is measured from centre of the seat tube and that the chainline from the rear is pretty much the same??
To be honest, I never ride up many hills unless the pub is at the summit and therefore never use the granny ring!

Back