Campag model?

The brakes look like Athena to me

Now, why did I say 100% sure 😆 . Never a wise thing to do. I think you're right, with the straight line of the flat section rather than the curved line that the Chorus ones have. I thought I had seen later Chorus brakes like that too, but it's true that the early Athena ones (like 1993, for example) didn't have the name on them unlike later models. You've got to love that era of Campagnolo where they decided not to put the name of the groupset on almost any of the parts.

OK so where are we now?
Shifters and mechs Record and brakes Athena?
Any ideas on crankset?
Thanks for the help.
I have been trying to date this bike and there is a lot of contradictory stuff on various websites regarding serial numbers, logos and fonts so I'm thinking 1993 atm but not at all sure.
Is it possible to date from Campag components?
I have never owned a bke with Campag, Shimano seems so uch easier!

The RD is Chorus and the crankset is Athena - pages from the 1993 catalogue attached here. The visual differences between the groupsets at this point were often very subtle as can be seen comparing these two images! For example, the only difference between the RD of both groups that I can see is the hole in the top of the cage on the Chorus one. And the combined Ergopower shifters/levers were so new at this point that they just put the same ones in every groupset apart from the lowest, which doesn't help matters.

I have the Veloce groupset from this same year, and there is not a single serial number anywhere on any part that I can find...so yes, Shimano are nearly always nice and logical...Campagnolo, not so much 😆

The parts look to be 1993, so it seems a safe bet that the bike was put together then.

Attachments

• athena.png
    athena.png
    3.6 MB · Views: 6
  • chorus.png
    chorus.png
    3.6 MB · Views: 6

Latest posts

Back