Campag Centaur BB compatiblity

Seca Blue

Retro Guru
Afternoon all.

Is there any definitive answer on what BB I can use for a Centaur crank apart from the obvious Campag one?
I need to put a 121-125max bb in a frame and I really want to use my Campy crank but can't find an ISO(I believe that's the closest to Campy) bb in that length.

It's been on a Mavic sealed job for 30 years and working fine, but for various reasons I'm not reusuing that BB.

Someone I spoke to today said just use a JIS it'll be fine, but if anyone knows for sure be good to know.

Any help gratefully received.

Afternoon all.

Is there any definitive answer on what BB I can use for a Centaur crank apart from the obvious Campag one?
I need to put a 121-125max bb in a frame and I really want to use my Campy crank but can't find an ISO(I believe that's the closest to Campy) bb in that length.

It's been on a Mavic sealed job for 30 years and working fine, but for various reasons I'm not reusuing that BB.

Someone I spoke to today said just use a JIS it'll be fine, but if anyone knows for sure be good to know.

Any help gratefully received.
Centaur was made for either a symmetrical 111mm (28.6mm seat tube) or 115.5mm (32 or 35mm seat tube) ISO taper.
121-125 seems on the long side and might impact on good chainline (generally recommeded at 43.5mm +/- 0.5mm) with a 130mm rear end spacing in a "double" system, 45.5 +/-0.5 mm in a triple system.
Even is you are looking at a 135mm rear drop-out spacing and a 35mm dia seat tube, the longest BB axle you'd normally need to acheive that, would be a 120 (115 + 5mm).
Or ... is the application a tandem or similar, with a greater than 135mm back end?

Back