Calling vintage Halfords experts

Mordenmarauder

Retro Newbie
I've acquired a barn-find Halfords road bike for all of 99p. on Ebay - I generously told the seller to keep the change when I proffered a £1 coin as payment. It's a real basic road bike, the sort that chaps would ride to Evensong or the bowls club on. I'm trying to decipher the name on the down tube as most of the decal has worn away but it looks like 'Wanderer' It has a Sturmey Archer 3-speed hub dated 73 1. I'm dithering as to whether to do a total restoration or flogging the components which despite a covering of rust are polishing up very well. Is there any Halfords experts here who can confirm the name and then maybe supply some extra info on this model. Thanks in advance

Yes, pics would help.

I am by no means a Halfords expert, but as somehow four of them have made their way onto my premises over the years I am interested in the brand.

And to show that even a very basic Halfords bike can be fun: here's my recently retro-modded gas pipe Halfords Sport from the seventies at the Belgian Retroronde van Vlaanderen:

2b52eb45-6d0c-41b5-9c08-c960a46f7a4a.jpg

Latest posts

Back