Calling All Orange C16R Owners

Great to see some more C16R appearing out of the woodwork, took mine out at the weekend and thought i'd take some piccies whilst still clean :cool:

Attachments

• c16r1e.JPG
    c16r1e.JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 674
  • c16r.JPG
    c16r.JPG
    26.9 KB · Views: 672
  • c16r1c.JPG
    c16r1c.JPG
    48.2 KB · Views: 667
  • c16r1d.JPG
    c16r1d.JPG
    54.3 KB · Views: 671
My orange c16r with a new set of Campagnolo stheno rims, shimano parrallax hubs and panaracer tyres.

Attachments

• _MG_1621 (533x800).jpg
    _MG_1621 (533x800).jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 594
  • _MG_1619 (800x533).jpg
    _MG_1619 (800x533).jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 595
Hi guys noob dropping in. Just picked up my C16 again, I have had it since new. Foolishly last summer I loaned it to a work mate who left it out all winter here in Finland. Until then it was rather molly coddled well other than the old days when. We did cross country.
It was one of the very first as my father was a Tushingham sails dealer back in the day and so after I was run over on my old Checker Pig bike. He made a deal with Lester I think for a bike for me, originally a clockwork but then changed for a C16 as it was due the replacement due out. I must of been 15/16 at the time as nearing the end of my school time. Making it 93/94ish anyway I have since then only liked one bike more and that was a p7 ex team bike my father has he used for competing.
Will get a pic up later but it's a bone stock bike, even has one original megabyte z tyre I think as I used to have others I swapped on for commuting or road runs.
Found this thread as I decided today to drop it into a shop for a refurb and and set up as cables have gone rusty after a winter outside :(

Turbo banana":1zblhkpb said:
Hi guys noob dropping in. Just picked up my C16 again, I have had it since new. Foolishly last summer I loaned it to a work mate who left it out all winter here in Finland. Until then it was rather molly coddled well other than the old days when. We did cross country.
It was one of the very first as my father was a Tushingham sails dealer back in the day and so after I was run over on my old Checker Pig bike. He made a deal with Lester I think for a bike for me, originally a clockwork but then changed for a C16 as it was due the replacement due out. I must of been 15/16 at the time as nearing the end of my school time. Making it 93/94ish anyway I have since then only liked one bike more and that was a p7 ex team bike my father has he used for competing.
Will get a pic up later but it's a bone stock bike, even has one original megabyte z tyre I think as I used to have others I swapped on for commuting or road runs.
Found this thread as I decided today to drop it into a shop for a refurb and and set up as cables have gone rusty after a winter outside :(

Hi and welcome, look forward to seeing so a pics of the C16R. Sounds like you've had an interesting biking childhood, great outcome even if you did have some bad luck along the way. Look forward to hearing and seeing more :)

Jussa :)

Hi, I was just searching the net for info on my C16R and came across this forum - I had no idea my bike was considered a classic! I've had it from new which was around 20 years ago (can't recall the exact date), and it's been a fantastic bike. The bike is almost original except for the front forks (the originals are still in a bag somewhere).
The groupset is still original but unfortunately that's going to change as the chainrings are now looking saw-toothed. I need some info about replacements so hopefully someone here can help.
I have removed the large chainring. It's aluminium, has 42 teeth, 5 holes and what looks like a 94mm BCD and the chain is an IG-51. I can find absolutely no marking on the chainring and am not sure what to order as a replacement. As far as I recall the groupset is Shimano STX-RC. I would like to get as close to original as a replacement (and prob the inner rings as well). Does anyone know what/where I should buy please?

Edit: Went for an IG-51 chain, HG-51 8 speed cassette (11-2:cool: & Middleburn Slickshift 5 Arm 42T outer. Couldn't find a replacement for the middle chainring (with dual ring sizes) so that and inner are still original. The mix of old/new IG/HG doesn't seem to be a problem so far.

Re:

Some time ago I posted some pics of a C16r that I was about to buy - took me some time to finally take some photos and post. I didn't change much after the purchase, since it all looked pretty good. I haven't seen much of Orange mtbs in Poland and the bike has attracted some attention - or be it the blondie that rides it? The bike is my girl's everyday bike and she sure makes good use of it!

14285900078_2780736dc0_o.jpg

14471304724_4a0d520542_o_d.jpg

14471304334_1356c11507_o_d.jpg

14449384106_df87af2449_o_d.jpg

14285899228_df6daaa749_o_d.jpg

14469113721_08b25b9d71_o_d.jpg

Latest posts

Back