Cable outers - who makes these ? [Modern]

FluffyChicken

Archivist
Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
I was just looking a the world of new bikes,
Orange are bringing (I assume) out the R8 which looks nice, but who makes the cables/outers ?

3012-7.jpg
and are they any good ?

when i was working on them the pro models had jagwire outers (the sport models had normal shimano) and they look exactly the same as those. apparently they don't compress as much as normal outer so therefore your gears don't suffer from bedding in problems as much and stay tuned for longer.

FluffyChicken.....jagwire makes the ferrlues......but that's a set of the Avid Flak Jacket housing/cables.

it's gimmick central. they have a second shield that supposed to go over the exposed cable but there are many faults. in the pic....it looks like they left the red covers off.

i used to use them from the first versions to the more recent....they a total gimmick.

syncrosfiend":1zkfhv4a said:
FluffyChicken.....jagwire makes the ferrlues......but that's a set of the Avid Flak Jacket housing/cables.

it's gimmick central. they have a second shield that supposed to go over the exposed cable but there are many faults. in the pic....it looks like they left the red covers off.

i used to use them from the first versions to the more recent....they a total gimmick.

Yep, Avid Flackjackets
Used them lots, no better than any other outer, just the colour suited the bike obviously :cool: (without the gash red outer things.)

I like the look of that R8. Shame it shares it's name with a footballer's Audi :roll:

Back