BT Openreach

rogerthecat

Dirt Disciple
:x Neither open or reaching out to their customers.
Rude, obnoxious and incompetent.
No accountability, a monopoly with no customer service.
and breathe....

Is it just me?

I suspect that they would have a big listing in here....

Attachments

• daa7012912a04fbd8aa11210_L.jpg
    daa7012912a04fbd8aa11210_L.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 819
I actually found Openreach to be polite, helpful and informed.

Sky broadband on the other hand I found to be rude, obnoxious, unhelpful and just plain ignorant.

They'll be first against the wall when the revolution comes.

NPower

NPower have been fantastic, even spotted I was calling from a mobile so called me back to save my bill.
Openreach just left me hanging on for ages.
Promised line/phones in new office would be live on 13th May
Told by line survey chap on 13th that it would not be happening and nothing to do with him, drove off when I went to fetch my paperwork (he had forgotten his - the first words he uttered when he arrived!)
Then gave date of 27th - now 24th after a week of calls, emails, threats etc.
Have a team of people trying to work from borrowed space and home because we timed the office move to Monday16th to coincide with the broadband going live.
Had to chase everything.
The grumpy survey bloke even had a go at our landlord at his squash club about "our attitude"!!
Cocks the lot of them.

Today I have to:

1. Sort out car insurance renewal before I pass the point of no return tomorrow. £200 increase this year for no reason apart from 'market fluctuations'. Ho-hum.

2. Sort out breakdown cover, as above.

3. Arrange a new Sky+ box as the current one is on the blink.

4. Sort out a few 'issues' with my mobile provider and their interesting invoices.

Call-centre joy awaits! Time to get the kettle on, grab some biccies, load up the solitaire and listen to the lovely muzak while on hold.

Drencrom":a0zcose7 said:
3. Arrange a new Sky+ box as the current one is on the blink.
IME, most Sky+ issues tend to be hard drive related.

What sort of age box is it - you may well be able to fix it yourself, quite possibly for less than the cost of a Sky call-out.

It's one of the white Sky+ boxes, about 3 years old. Might just go for the HD box as a freebie upgrade to replace it.

Grrrrrrrr

Neil":jewrol6w said:
IME, most Sky+ issues tend to be hard drive related.What sort of age box is it - you may well be able to fix it yourself, quite possibly for less than the cost of a Sky call-out.

Can you fix telephone exchanges too? May have a job for you!

Drencrom":1luzze27 said:
It's one of the white Sky+ boxes, about 3 years old. Might just go for the HD box as a freebie upgrade to replace it.
Well if you can get a freebie upgrade, why not...

Just thought I'd mention that many of the older Sky+ boxes can be reasonably easily fixed, if the problem is related to the hard disk (although you have to be a bit careful, when connecting the disk to a computer - "special" FAT-32 filesystem, so you can't use normal tools).

Back