Brooklyn/Spooky Handlebars

deadly dan

Dirt Disciple
A bit of MTB history for sale here!

I used to run a bike shop in Birmingham (202426) and we had the honour of being the first and only Brooklyn Machine Works retailer in the UK.

Ged the head, the guy responsible for bringing the first BMW park bike into the UK and making them available to buy over here, agreed to introduce us to the guys from Brooklyn and although we didn’t sell many BMW’s we were very proud to be associated with them.

So enough of the lengthy potted history of my time in the bike industry,why am I telling you this and what am I selling?

Here to my knowledge are the only pair of Spooky (The original hardcore hardtail builders) handlebars brought to the UK. Made by Frank the welder for the guys at Brooklyn they were fitted to that first Brooklyn Park Bike the Ged bought over from the states. This was back when MCA from the Beastie Boys put up the money for the first few Brooklyn frames to be produced.

Made of 4130 cro-mo just like Brooklyns frames they are seriously hardcore!

They measure 680mm/27” wide and have a 50mm/2”rise.

They are not perfect but most of the damage to the paint will be covered by the grips. The bar pad is reversible and can be either black or purple. It’s seen a bit of action but still clearly displays the famous Spooky logo.

I have no idea what to charge for these, as I have nothing to compare them to but I’m gonna say offers around £25 and leave it up to you lot to let me know if I’m barking up the wrong tree by throwing your offers out there.

Attachments

• spooky bars.jpg
    spooky bars.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 786
Back