British Steel

retrobikeguy":3lffc1r3 said:
Now.........That Yates is just cool, definitely deserves bringing back to its factory fresh self.

Enjoy

RBG

Given how nice it is, I would painstakingly search for the fillet brazed missing fork, ensuring it had the correct fork rake and brake bosses, and also attempt to source the missing twin bolt silver soldered roller stem.

If im honest though, if this took as long as the Roberts Stratos to achieve, I think id pop the frame in the car and drive to Dave Yates, and have the fork and stem remade.

I think paint work wise, I would attempt to get the colour code to smart repair the stays and colour match the rest, saving as much of the patna as possible.

J3s":68lhhaiw said:
sinnerman":68lhhaiw said:
The spec for the original fork for this frame, was a fillet brazed Unicrown with bosses for U brake and/or rollercam, it would also have had carrier bosses half way down the leg.

I hope this is of some help, such a great score and worth waiting for the fork, or even having Dave make another for it. Hows the drive side chainstay looking close up....?

The chainstay looks pretty crappy. I'm thinking about a complete restoration, but I don't know if I can find the time with all the other projects I'm working on.... and is it worth it.

Cool frame. I have seen a BB like that before, on a Dave Yates in a MBUK where they were running a competition BITD, will dig out the pic. The frame was pink/purple fade from memory.

Coleman":3e1nq6xj said:
J3s":3e1nq6xj said:
sinnerman":3e1nq6xj said:
The spec for the original fork for this frame, was a fillet brazed Unicrown with bosses for U brake and/or rollercam, it would also have had carrier bosses half way down the leg.

I hope this is of some help, such a great score and worth waiting for the fork, or even having Dave make another for it. Hows the drive side chainstay looking close up....?

The chainstay looks pretty crappy. I'm thinking about a complete restoration, but I don't know if I can find the time with all the other projects I'm working on.... and is it worth it.

Cool frame. I have seen a BB like that before, on a Dave Yates in a MBUK where they were running a competition BITD, will dig out the pic. The frame was pink/purple fade from memory.

Any Scans Info you may have would be greatly appreciated.

Hows the Swallow Coming.......Must be Ready by now....?

I hope this hasn't been posted before... I hadn't seen it anyway so figured this was the place to post it.

A random find whilst flicking through Mountain Biker International, June 1993.

25348886102_b385ee7808_h.jpg

25441144346_944b90d740_h.jpg

25374389431_f654e8a36a_h.jpg

Great article, thanks for sharing.

Look at all the little differences from the days of Zinn.

Back