British Steel

Morning chaps.

I haven't added the my ride in here yet as I set up a separate thread when I joined(hadn't seen this one then).
Don't want to risk over exposure like, but if use this to try and keep track of all the suitable rides in one place, I'll give you the (not very) exciting story behind it.
The short version is I've had it since new and it's been in hibernation for 20yrs.

Anyway, it's British, and steel, so bosh:

A month or so ago:

j9Kmboo.jpg

And now:
nlouCmP.jpg

USinuyv.jpg

Re:

Well its been a long time coming but I've finally landed me some British steel :mrgreen:

Oddly enough I tried buying this exact frame a couple of years ago but missed out as it was collection only ....

The following is a 2006 ( so I know it shouldn't really be in this part of the forum ) Solitude Cycles SS/Rohloff frame and forks*.

Solitude Cycles was the pairing of Alex Baker & Lee Cooper with the frames being made by Lee in Coventry.

Sadly Solitude are no longer but I am trying to contact Alex to help with decals post its refurbishment.

The photos are a little crude at present but as the project progresses I will update with more current ones.

The frame looks to be really nicely made with some unusual touches I haven't seen before for example the stainless strip at the side of the HT to protect from cable rub & the stainless seat-clamp (not pictured) :cool:

The frame is Zona tubing going off of the spec sheet but I am not sure what from the range of Zona.

* Forks .... The forks differ from the spec sheet in style and with the lack of low rider bosses - the tube dimensions seem to be the same though but clearly not the lc12 unicrown specced which is a shame. That said I think they may have been originally supplied with the frame as the colour under the green is apparent on both frame and forks.

I'm not saying what I have planned for the frame at the moment as I fear the RB flaming ;-)

Anyhoo - pics

M

Very nice. Looks smaller than your usuals, hard to believe that is a 19.5" seattube, looks smaller.

Anyway, very nice.

Colour choice is brilliant, had an orbit frameset done that colour (but painted so badly I passed it on).

Back