British Steel

Re:

THE ROBERTS PHANTOM. (watch out Japan and the U.S the Europeans have landed).

Attachments

• 024.jpg
    024.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 547
  • 023.jpg
    023.jpg
    185.7 KB · Views: 547
  • 022.jpg
    022.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 547
Re:

I would like one of these :)

But its not going to happen :(

Attachments

• Sonic.jpg
    Sonic.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 543
Love this pic. :cool:

file.php

The green and yellow paint job, the Axo style boots, the crazy top. It screams the era! :LOL:

sinnerman":1ossjexd said:
The Roberts Quicksilver has as much personal interest to me as the Stratos did before I found it.

My personal interest in this model, is because of my lack of funds back in the day, Bike messengers would use Oranges/Muddy Foxes/early bontragers etc all modified of Course, if you were good and could afford it...... You Lusted after a "Roberts Quicksilver"- His Own Dedicated version created purely for the Bike courier/despatch rider.

I live in hope... :oops:

26" wheel, minimal clearance (designed for skinny tyres), unicrown fork by any chance?

Rod_Saetan":2wd56cm5 said:
sinnerman":2wd56cm5 said:
The Roberts Quicksilver has as much personal interest to me as the Stratos did before I found it.

My personal interest in this model, is because of my lack of funds back in the day, Bike messengers would use Oranges/Muddy Foxes/early bontragers etc all modified of Course, if you were good and could afford it...... You Lusted after a "Roberts Quicksilver"- His Own Dedicated version created purely for the Bike courier/despatch rider.

26" wheel, minimal clearance (designed for skinny tyres), unicrown fork by any chance?

:shock: It was a Custom design, built for Extreme Durability, but with a Lower Price Tag,. :shock:

Don't tell me you have one Roly....?

Re: Re:

Giom6":1ules2z2 said:

Nice..., I have either seen a review or got this somewhere im sure.

sinnerman":rznf6w8v said:
Giom6":rznf6w8v said:

That was from the review. June 1990 Mountain Biker. Same issue that has the Zinn review :cool:

sinnerman":1ntyr44w said:
Rod_Saetan":1ntyr44w said:
sinnerman":1ntyr44w said:

:shock: It was a Custom design, built for Extreme Durability, but with a Lower Price Tag,. :shock:

Don't tell me you have one Roly....?

Nope, but I followed someone through London the other day on something that matched that description - you probably remember the white one they built for the MBUK article in 91? It was like that basically. Pretty cool.

Roly you are a tease......., I raced home from work, hoping you were going to spring a picture on me of a Quicksilver.

TEASE TEASE TEASE.......lol.

Sadly I don't have the article, and my only memory of it, is riding a pretty battered Bonty and my mate showing me his new Cool Yellow and Blue Quicksilver, which just hit the sweetspot for me.

Giom6":92gb3588 said:
sinnerman":92gb3588 said:
Giom6":92gb3588 said:

That was from the review. June 1990 Mountain Biker. Same issue that has the Zinn review :cool:

Mate if you have it to hand.............POST IT :cool:

Back