British Steel

Re: Re:

sinnerman":lklir0vf said:
Some Bits and Bobs, to keep an eagle eye out for......???
Love it. Whats going on in the second one :?

Was it from a Timotei advert :)

sinnerman":2v0ung8d said:
REWARD-REWARD-REWARD-REWARD.............!

And £100 reward for Information leading to the whereabouts and recovery of this little rarity.....???
Is that a Stratos?

Re: Re:

Giom6":2ambwzhe said:
sinnerman":2ambwzhe said:
Some Bits and Bobs, to keep an eagle eye out for......???
Love it. Whats going on in the second one :?

Was it from a Timotei advert :)

Created for the Launch of the new Head and Shoulders......LOL.

But seriously if you look close and forget the Gaylord washing his hair,..... what is in the pic is effectively the bike that was essentially a "Tushingham- Works Replica".

Giom6":1h4qjfo1 said:
sinnerman":1h4qjfo1 said:

And £100 reward for Information leading to the whereabouts and recovery of this little rarity.....???
Is that a Stratos?

No.

But if you hear or see anyone mention or have a "ROBERTS-Snow Leopard", "Roberts Mantis", "ROBERTs WhiteSpider 1 with R753(road tubes), I would be Very very interested.

Also I would be Very interested to hear if anyone may have a Roberts Quicksilver lurking about still......, Any condition regardless of how bad, im up for it....!

sinnerman":1gitswwr said:
Giom6":1gitswwr said:
sinnerman":1gitswwr said:

Is that a Stratos?

No.

But if you hear or see anyone mention or have a "ROBERTS-Snow Leopard", "Roberts Mantis", "ROBERTs WhiteSpider 1 with R753(road tubes), I would be Very very interested.

Also I would be Very interested to hear if anyone may have a Roberts Quicksilver lurking about still......, Any condition regardless of how bad, im up for it....!
Did he give each bike a new name? They all sound pretty amazing to me :)

I doubt I'll ever hear of them so no worries there...

Re:

Is it my eyes or is the straddle cable on the front of that Campag-equipped Peugeot / Roberts up level with the middle of the headtube?
Great pictures by the way. Thanks

[/quote]Did he give each bike a new name? They all sound pretty amazing to me :)

I doubt I'll ever hear of them so no worries there...[/quote]

Each new design had a New name, unless it was a custom variation of a Existing design for a customer of course.

The Roberts Quicksilver has as much personal interest to me as the Stratos did before I found it.

My personal interest in this model, is because of my lack of funds back in the day, Bike messengers would use Oranges/Muddy Foxes/early bontragers etc all modified of Course, if you were good and could afford it...... You Lusted after a "Roberts Quicksilver"- His Own Dedicated version created purely for the Bike courier/despatch rider.

I live in hope... :oops:

Back