British Eagle Pro-Carbon/Alan 19" Frame SOLD

redbandit

Dirt Disciple
I have decided to sell my circa 1993(?) Pro-Carbon frame. It was one of two owned from new - they both came indirectly from the British Eagle factory in Newtown when I lived nearby. The other one has died but this is in good condition - no obvious issues with the joints. This frame has been used on roads wearing slick tyres for most of its life. The alloy needs a good polish but it is quite smart. This is a seriously light frame for the era and looks beautiful.

One thing that is missing (see photos) is the decals. These were half peeled off when I got it so I just removed them. There is also a small 'notch' at one side of the top of the seatpost lug from where a nut and bolt were used, but it does not affect the look or condition. I can send close-up photos if you PM me.

I would sell for £150 ono, or swap for a similar sized frame and suspension fork - anything considered. I want to build up a bike to leave at a relatives house abroad (in some lovely mountains :D ) and need a bike with suspension. The geometry of the Pro-Carbon will not allow for suspension unfortunately.

I live in St Albans, Herts and travel to Central / City of London most weekdays if anyone wants to view it.

Attachments

• Pro-Carbon 3 - Compressed.JPG
    Pro-Carbon 3 - Compressed.JPG
    127.8 KB · Views: 1,040
  • Pro-Carbon 2 - Compressed.JPG
    Pro-Carbon 2 - Compressed.JPG
    123 KB · Views: 1,040
  • Pro-Carbon 1 - Compressed.JPG
    Pro-Carbon 1 - Compressed.JPG
    113.4 KB · Views: 1,040
Don't suppose you have the original forks as well do you?

I'll be VERY VERY interested in the lot, if you do...

Alas, I did not get the original forks with it - I ran it with Marin Rock Stars. The other one has some very early RST suspension forks that I threw away in about 1999 :oops: . Dont I ever regret that......

That's a damn shame...

Not three weeks ago I sold a 21" one of these and yeah I kinda regret it... :roll:

Back