Bridgestone MB-0 (Zip) frame info request

BikePimp

Retro Guru
I found a Bridgestone MB-0 frame locally. It's somewhat in sad shape but has some cool parts.

I was looking at the chainstay by the bottom bracket and noticed it has 2 dents that appear to be either factory done or made by owner to clear the chainrings...and with some chainsuck and rust it's hard to telll. I'm thinking it's a very early 90's model.

Anybody have this frame (or an MB-1) and are willing to post a picture of the bottom bracket / chainstay area for reference?

Thanks....

My 1989 MB-1 has an indented chain stay to clear the chain rings. I'll post a photo when I get the chance.

Well, you've only got two choices for the model year: 90 or 91. If it has solid rear dropouts it's a 91.

I've got two 90s and a 91 and none of them have indentations on the drive side chain stays as you described. Sounds like it could be the result of a massive chainsuck incident considering the wall thickness of the Ritchey Logic Prestige tubeset is pretty thin.

Thanks for the info. I was actually afraid that it might be something like chainsuck or the previous owner getting a hammer to make clearance.

Sad thing is that the Ritchey seatpost is all the way down into the seat tube, might even be stuck, the rear Mavic hub is loose. It's fairly scratched up from being chained to bike posts.

Does have a nice Cook Bros. RSR Crank w/ Cook BB.

If the frame was fine, I would buy the bike for the frame and crankset, but for the asking $300...I got to think about it. If the frame is bad, I would basically be buying the cranks.

Pass.

Those cranks can be had for $100-150? It sounds as if NO part will have decent value given frame condition.

Cook BB's suck BTW (I have one)

Back