Brake callipers with out recessed bolts wanted

Alec167

Dirt Disciple
Hello,

Having a hard time finding something decent without recessed nuts, looking for side pull callipers. If you have any for sale would like to hear about it.

Cheers,
Alec

Re:

What level of quality?
How good condition?
Modern or retro?
Race drop or deeper?
Any makes you do or don't want?

Re:

Thanks both for your responses, I should have given a bit more detail! Reach is about 60mm front and back. And with regards to quality, the bike is mostly shimano 600 so some brakes of a similar quality is what I’m after.

The conversion is new to me thanks for sharing! I have seen shimano do some BR-R451s that I could use the conversions on, which might be a good option if nothing vintage pops up

Re:

The br451s have a 47-57 drop which might work depending on how good your 60mm approximation is

Re:

Don't forget, the recessed front bolt will become a nutted rear bolt, so you are really only needing to convert (or replace) the very short-bolted caliper

Re:

Ah makes sense! Will double check my measurements but i could buy a f&r set and just one conversion kit, saves a few £! Thanks again for your advice, appreciate it!

Re:

As pigman says, you really do need to measure your brake drop with some accuracy- afaik all the quality side pulls from the 70s are going to bottom out around a nominal 57mm, unless they are the later ones that bottom out at 52mm. What brakes are you using atm?

Re: Re:

cipolinni":2taoy662 said:
I wil have a look for you this morning
Malc

Thanks very much, could you please drop me a PM with your email if you find anything :)

Cheers,
Alec

Latest posts

Back