Bottecchia Equipe

It's 53 c-c & 53 c-t - nice short wheelbase which is how I like my bikes.

First 'proper' ride completed, 60 miles and it didn't miss a beat (performed better than it's rider :oops: ). Bike got plenty of eyes cast over it at the cafe. DT levers are epic, shifting is rapid. Can also recommend the Tufo tubs; cheap & cheerful but perform far better than the price tag. All in all it's a privilege to own & ride it.

Absolutely stunning. Great build.

I love those Mavic pedals - I have 3 sets, use them on the every day bikes. They're completely rebuildable so last for ever...

Re:

Cheers Bigfoz :)

Pedals are an interesting concept and I quite like them, sort of feel like normal pedals but I can feel a difference in the travel across the pedal. However I'm going to swap them over to some Look PP56's - too much hassle having one pair of shoes dedicated to black only cleats.

Re:

I use mine with red arc cleats. Engagement can be stiff, but the lateral float and twisty float still work fine

There it is! the rusty Bottecchia that we both bid on ! lovely, Id go with the San Marco Regal white saddle with copper or silver rivets like the one on mine, and white bar tape, but minor quibbles on a superb build Greg LeMond would be proud, I love that Mavic groupset :) attached is a picture of my SLX with C record

Attachments

• Bottecchia now2.JPG
    Bottecchia now2.JPG
    75.4 KB · Views: 506
  • Bottecchia now1.JPG
    Bottecchia now1.JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 506
Re:

Cheers DD - indeed, I dodged a bullet with the rust on the chrome - tinfoil & water did the trick apart from a few small isolated areas - you can only see the dodgy bits if you look closely. I've touched the red up in places as well. I tried a regal, looks too fat on the skinny seatpost - a white flite would be the perfect solution! What have you wrapped around the tub on your bike - i'm liking the style and look of that!

Latest posts

Back