BOTM January 2009 - Vote now !

BOTM January 2009

• Bomberman's Raleigh Bomber

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Guybe's Kona Cinder Cone

• Sinnett's Raleigh DynaTech (ex Timmis)

• Kaiser's Stumpy

• Delboy's Attitude

• Hilts' Rascal

• RikiRiki's Yo

• Badbushido's TopGun

• John's Stumpy

• MattBrown's Kirk

• AmeyBrooks C-26 reincarnation

• Hondadominator's Raleigh Aero Pro Burner

• KingRoon's Saracen Trekker Comp

• Total voters
The Trekker is clearly the winner here. Boyhood dreams twisting my perspective maybe but that is where my vote goes.

Good to see the die-hard Kona fanboys don't disappoint! :LOL:

As it stands with the Stumpy and C-26 neck and neck, i'm suprised the Dyna-Tech is so comfortably third. Still, I knew the unpredictable nature of BOTM voting wouldn't disappoint! ;)

Without taking anything away from the C-26 build, I am very pleased to see the Stumpjumper out front.

It is a stunning, truly usable build :cool:

Pickle":2zw9pm8h said:
I am very pleased to see the Stumpjumper out front.

It is achingly pretty and, as you says, screams to be ridden (and looks like it would rewarding to do so).

But part of me thinks its popularity is something of a backlash to the C-26. Actually, it seems to be taking votes away from the Dyna-Tech which is what suprises me most.

Still, the bike truly is a tool of the people and steel frames are the weapon of choice for the proletariat, perhaps these elitist bourgeois builds are out of touch with the common man?

They say art reflects society, does BOTM reflect the global economic situation? :LOL:

Pickle":2s0fmix0 said:
Without taking anything away from the C-26 build, I am very pleased to see the Stumpjumper out front.

Me too think it's a really worthy winner, totally retro yet would'nt look out of place in even the most eliteist of modern bike shops.

I'm dissapointed my Dyna-Tech has not attracted more votes, but heartened by those who did vote for it, many of whom I very highly regard as real connoisseurs of all things retrobike, and that means more to me than winning it.

sinnett177":29bzv56y said:
Pickle":29bzv56y said:

Me too think it's a really worthy winner, totally retro yet would'nt look out of place in even the most eliteist of modern bike shops.

I'm dissapointed my Dyna-Tech has not attracted more votes, but heartened by those who did vote for it, many of whom I very highly regard as real connoisseurs of all things retrobike, and that means more to me than winning it.

The stumpy aint won yet mark :D

I dig the Stumpjumper and the white Kona, but I can't bring myself to vote for just a Cinder Cone (sorry! :oops: :cry: ) Call it a continental thing. It's a sweet driver though. The Stumpy...sorry Kaiser, you have great taste, and that bike turned out darn nice, but I can't cast a vote for anything sporting Kooka. :shock:
The C-26 is a great story, but I'm not feeling that particular bike as a 'retro survivor'. The whole collective story is wonderful, though.

If the Top Gun were actually a recreation using old 6061 found in Gary's garage, then I'd disqualify it too, but as it's an actual Top Gun, in fabulous shape, I'm in for that sucker.

I'm afraid I don't know enough about some of the european brands in the poll, like the Saracen, to evaluate them fairly. :cry:

Back