Boot sale find benotto 2500: gravelly buildy thingy

Powdercoating for 50 quid my god

I'd migrate for that

Over here sandblasting will cost you upwards of 80 quid, options like soda or walnut husk double to triple that, powdercoating about 150 to 180.

Almost as far east as you can get in England without being in Lowestoft...and, let's face it, who'd want be there.
Well we are diametrically opposite. I am just about as far west as you can get in N. England. Right on the edge of the Irish Sea where the wind and rain blow in unchecked from mid Atlantic. I know - I've been out in it today😰😰😰

This isn't a Benotto I'm afraid. I have 7. They all have Benotto (either proud, or recessed in the oval) on the seatstay caps - right down to 800. Lugs aren't right. Fork crown is way off. BB shell isn't a Cinelli. (it is Italian threading though) and under BB guides only came out in very early 80's so this is later. Also Benotto rear drop outs are only stamped on 800 and 1500 models with basic lettering. 2500 and 3000 used Campag, and no winged logo which was never stamped or pantographed anywhere on the frame.

And what's with the upside down rear brake bridge? Looks like a cinelli cast design - very late 80's also never used by Benotto - someone has fitted it upside down. Looks like a Friday afternoon job lol.

Well it’s definitely one it literally has benotto stamped on the dropouts, and benotto on the seatstay caps. Yes the fork crown is wrong (it’s actually a Reynolds fork…) so not original. Lugs are exactly the same as the model I was thinking of. The bb was used by benotto I attached a link to an eBay listing with the same bb shell. As I said there is a likelyhood this was stolen as the benotto logo has been ground off and you can barely see the “to”. And I never said it was earlier than 80s

Sure it’s not the £2000+ benotto exotica but it’s still a benotto. Even in the very low likelyhood that it isn’t it’s still not a Friday afternoon job, and it’s damn close. So I’m going to carry on.

Did you even read the thread?…

And what’s this about upside down brake bridges?

Anyway I’m no expert, but I don’t see why someone would go through the effort of replicating one of these. It even has a serial number.

The only thing that makes me doubt that it’s a benotto are the TT cable routing. Though you can find a few where they are like that.

Back