Bontrager OR Race + Bontrager Forks For Sale...

BontragerOR

Retro Newbie
Hi there.. I have just joined your cool looking group in the hope you may be able to help me..

I do not MTB anymore & although it guts me to sell her.. she was my pride and joy when I built her.. I am looking to sell my Bontrager OR Race Complete with Bontrager Stiff Forks...

I originally purchased the frame & fork set through Jez & Sarah @ Global Fridge; one of the 1st framesets they imported (after NTI? lost the dealership).. I still have hundreds of pics of the build & test run in Thetford Forest.. (& owners manual & prob pics with Keith Bontrager too.. met him as was in the owners club)..

The Bike is still pretty much as I first built it (although did change a few bits.. & sold the original spd's to a mate some years back).. It has a Syncross Stem & Seatpost, Chris King Headset, Bontrager Ti Handlebars & Seat, XT Thumbshifters (never liked sti.. too expensive to replace if crashed) Dia Compe SS7's Levers, Bontrager Magnesium Bar Ends, XTR 8 speed Mech With XT 7 speed block, Suntour XC Pro Chainset with Custom Made Egg Chainrings (round ones.. not curved), Suntour XC Pro Front Mech, XTR Cantilevers, XT Hubs with Salsa Ti Skewers On (I think..will check..) Mavic Rims (can't rember what I ended up on.. had a few over the years.. but will check & update) & it did still have the old Specialized Hardpacks on it.. but unfortunatelyy.. looks like they've corroded with age
;) & to replace the SPD's I just chucked an old pair of LX cage pedals with clips & straps on it...

The frame is a Bontrager 15.5" (equivelent to most peoples 17.5" frames) & was made for the stiff forks that came with it (not a suspension model ;) ) & I'm sure from memory the complete Bike weighed in @ about 23-24lbs

It cost somewhere in the region of £2,500 to build & I have absolutely no idea of it's current value.. The Bike (apart from the Tyres.. & 1 small impact dink in the rear rim) is still in EXCELLENT CONDITION.. I was never really a hardcore MTBer (although I had a Hardcore Bike capable of taking me anywhere..) & was NEVER really into the race thing.. much preferred spending a day somewhere cool & @ my own pace.. than blasting around for a few hours in a race, so the Bike was NEVER ABUSED.. as I said @ the begining.. She was (& still is really) my pride & joy.. Just seems a shame to leave her still sat there (doing nothing.. for many a year..) when somone out ther.. (perhaps you..) could have much more fun with her & do her some justice..

I do not necessarily expect to sell her on here.. but if anyone could give me ideas of her worth.. & where best to sell this beautiful MTB classic.. I'd very much appreciate it.. :D

I do (as said) have hundreds of pics of her in her day & can happily take & post some of her now if anyone want's me to.. Oh.. almost forgot.. She is in a gorgeous Dark Metalic Purple they did with silver/black & yellow decals.. The Bontager Forks came in an anodized black..

If you require any more details, pics etc, then please do not hesitate to contact me.. I look forward to your help.. Many Thanks - Mark

Welcome to the forum!

Sounds like you have a nice bike there. Some photos would be great. I you are looking to get a current value of your bike there is the "how much is my XYZ worth" thread in this retro chat section.
If you are looking to sell it then there is the for sale section where you must state an asking price. Obviously photos and spec lists also help.
Cheers

Sorry. Thought I had posted it in "how much is my XYZ worth".. just getting used to you site.. will pop details up there now.. Thanks for the feedback x

Back