Bone headed question- Pace forks

Anthony":3110xzkm said:
has anybody ever seen a fork where the disc calipers are in front of the blades so that rotational forces are pulling the brake away from the fork?

Damn. You beat me to it.

Not familiar with MTB's as I used to be a 'biker'.
When Discs were first introduced and for a couple of years they were mounted FORWARD of the forks.
Presumably the sheer Mass of the Bike thrown foward under braking, far outweighed any tendancy for the Caliper or Pad to be dragged forward ;)
(I think the idea to move them behind, was more to reduce the effect of crud from other vehicles than any increase in efficiency)

Honda_CB750F.jpg

Cheers

terminator

Terminator - 1 witty comment and a nice picture of a Honda - You're doing great for a newbie! Welcome aboard! :LOL:

ps.......I've had plenty of friends who used RC31s with the brakes front mounted with no problems.

Question:

How the hell do you get a picture on the thread without using the normal upload method???????

Never been able to do it!

:?

misteroo":1ewt70vf said:
Question:

How the hell do you get a picture on the thread without using the normal upload method???????

Never been able to do it!

:?

you need to either

A) upload the picture to somewhere like http://tinypic.com
or
B) copy the link of a picture you want to post in the thread.

then with some coding magic which is all there at the top of the comments box (see the little 'Img' button )

take the URL of the picture you've uploaded or borrowed from elsewhere, and paste it between the codes and bobs your uncle :D

if you are using the 'Img' button you'll have to click close tags for it to finsh the code ;)

Back