Bone headed question #4 ---- Pace RC36 and brakes

uphillcursing2

Dirt Disciple
Have recently got a pair of RC36 forks. Have cleaned them up, polished them and now fitted them to the frame.

I was starting to get carried away thinking it was just about ready to start building it back up when I encountered a problem. How do you fit V brakes? The mounting bosses do not have the little hole that they clip in to tension the spring? What there does seem to be is a block of aluminium held onto the boss with a 2/3 mm allen bolt that has a flat machined on on side.

Am i missing a part?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Andy

That might be something to do with magura fitting......

you have a thick washer that goes on behind the maguras and I have seen them with a grub screw so you dont lose them :?

pop a pic up and I will have a looksie :)

Marin man was correct. Simpler to remove the shims with a 2mm hex key than take a photo. Many thanks Marin!!!

However, there is a second question now. Anyone know what the correct thread size i need to obtain for to hold the buggers on the bosses? Ones off the old forks is way too big.

Cheers in advance.....

Andy

The post last night was fueled by wine. Will try to explain better.

Once I had removed the shims (ty Marin man) popped the V brakes on the mounts.

When I got the forks the bolts to hold the brakes on to the bosses were not there. I thought I would be able to use the ones off the old forks. Does not seem to be the case.

If you have magura mounts, you cant convert them to canti/v mounts. I may be able to help though as i have a set of standard mounts if you wanted to swap the magura ones for them.

pop up a pic though, as you may just have the right mounts, with bits missing.

Ian

Back