Bomber air fork adjustment advice please?

The History Man

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Overbury's Fan
Feedback
View
My buddy picked thus up at the weekend. Not familiar with the forks. They're a bit soft and have valve both sides next to the canti bosses. Do I pump them up? Both sides? And if so how much?

Thanks THM

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 363
Re:

Superflys, 1999. Top of the range that year ;-)

Either take the brakes of and pump up, it'll need to be able to depress the valve.
Or if you want to leave the brakes son, some flexytubes fit else they used valved angled extension.
You'll also need a long allenkey for the damper adjustment in each lower leg.

The document above and many others are in the archive, mainly as I have them forks so put it all there some years back.
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2/v/M ... Marzocchi/

Thanks chaps that's fantastic. He wanted a mountain bike so I persuaded him to go retro. Kona kula in gold.

Does anyone have a source for the little rubber o-rings that seal the valves to the fork legs for these?

I have restored some and all that is holding up the rebuild are these seals....

Ta

Just be careful tightening the bottom nut when you do get some orings (just measure them). The bottom 'bolt' snaps pretty easily as you don't notice how tight they really are.

Most auto parts stores should be able to help you with the orings. Or a hydraulic shop.

Fluffy speaks the truth on the bottom bolts. Snapped one myself back in the day, just "snugging" it. 2 finger snug is snug enough, turns out....

J

Back