Sold Blue Tech Lite levers

Actually, I have never noticed the the differences with regards to the cable slot, but the 3 generations as mentioned by @pete_mcc make a lot of sense to me.
Let's add pictures to have a bit of documentation here in the forum:
Pretty sure they are 1st gen, identifiable by the fact that there’s no cable slot down the length of the lever.
Tech Lite Ad Bremshebel aus Bike 7 1994.jpg
1st gen 1994 with no cable slot and logos at the front, obviously designed for Cantilever brakes

Second gen had a cable slot and printed logos,

just done a picture of the single left one in my basement
1000039144.jpg
Still with no adjustable pivot, for Cantilevers, but the logo is a bit different and on the top as there is now a cable slot at the front

third had a 3 position lever slot.
3rd gen, I found some prove points that it was offered in 98-99
Technogen Tech Lite aus BW1998.jpg
with three position for the pivot screw, cable slot at the front, logo at the top, but the style of the logo was changed again and similar to MK1 as there was no place any longer as the cut-out was moved a bit to make room for the different pivot positions.

Last edited:
Just to add to the chronology, there were a couple of versions of the 3 position ones as well. The last ones were more extensively machined in the lever body.

Just to clarify, are these for cantis or Vs?

They are canti but, with fine tuning, can be used with v brakes. They have got a long pivot point compared to levers like diacompe ss5s or similar. I used them for a while on Vs back in the 90s before switching to dedicated kooka V levers

They are canti but, with fine tuning, can be used with v brakes. They have got a long pivot point compared to levers like diacompe ss5s or similar. I used them for a while on Vs back in the 90s before switching to dedicated kooka V levers
Cheers, good job as I pulled the trigger anyway 🙃

Latest posts

Back