BIN prices on Ebay

Re:

I won my totally original hardly used 1988 Jamis Diablo for £50 a couple of weeks back!! There's a 91 Marin Palisades on there at £30 that looks a steel with u-brake etc.

fagin":2q7fxqim said:
I believe that some bikes may be worth silly money (I'd quite fancy an original Breezer) but...

Links included in case you're tempted.

£15k for tiny wheels and some elastomers.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Moulton-New-S ... 3397941c90

Oi! Moulton is a god, says the dedicated Mini nut :)

£15k might be a bit much though...

I've often wondered if some of these crazy high dollar auctions are used for money laundering or some other sort of nefarious activity like off-book money transfers between sketchy characters.

You see quite a few weird auctions for fountain pens, watches, etc which would provide pretty benign cover.

Cheers, Ted

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
The Moulton shown is a Double-Pylon the most expensive Moulton: beautiful machine but a rich man's toy.
I've got 6 moultons, 4 vintage and 2 newish. The 4 vintage are a Super 4, a 1966 Deluxe, a 1965 Automatic and a 1967 Major (made by Raleigh).
The latter is in excellent original condition. Raleigh certainly knew how to braze a frame.
My two modern Moultons are a TSR 27 and a TSR 30 which are lovely to ride and even better to look at and are reasonably affordable for a complicated "space" frame design made in the UK.
If I were restricted to one bike however it would be my 1998 rigid Stumpy.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Maybe so but for £15k I'd have an old Ducati and change for a stable of desirable bikes.

Excellent, I found a 1 dot, and it still looks more modern than an Orange 5.

TSR2_Lrg.jpg

Yes, but 6 dots in a row is a much higher price that 6 individual dots added together.
The bike above is the TSR 2 which retails at 1 Moulton dot. But 6 of them will cost less than half of 1 Double Pylon (6 dots).
As I say the Moulton dot is the world's first non-linear currency.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
fagin":27lw35rk said:
Excellent, I found a 1 dot, and it still looks more modern than an Orange 5.

TSR2_Lrg.jpg

That looks gorgeous stripped down, needs some small block eights and a triple crank. How do these ride? Are they noodly? Or are they fairly rigid? Be cool to have a packable XC bike.

Cheers, Ted

Back