Bikes and Bridges

When I get a new bike I like to just make sure it is safe to ride then take it for a quick circuit to see what it rides like in its unrestored state. I take it down a road that is now traffic free called "Five Bridges Lane" . Here is my new Raleigh Royal 708 at th first bridge. I guess I'll have to fill in the other four later. View attachment 893947
It rode like a dream, rattle free, smooth and silky. Unfortunetely yet again too small for me though.
Oustanding!

Here is bridge number 3 on Five Bridges Lane with my British Eagle with full Shimano tricolor and Reynold 653 frame. First ride on this one and it rides really well too. Definitely feels sportier than the Royal and the "brifters" certainly make the shifting easier. Creaky pedals though but some nice MKSs or Sakaes should solve that. It is a bit in stealth mode against that background with its black paint but I am considering a powder coat on this one...perhaps bright orange! This actually feel the right size so is probably a keeper. IMG_0948.JPG

Here is bridge number 3 on Five Bridges Lane with my British Eagle with full Shimano tricolor and Reynold 653 frame. First ride on this one and it rides really well too. Definitely feels sportier than the Royal and the "brifters" certainly make the shifting easier. Creaky pedals though but some nice MKSs or Sakaes should solve that. It is a bit in stealth mode against that background with its black paint but I am considering a powder coat on this one...perhaps bright orange! This actually feel the right size so is probably a keeper.

beautiful bike and an equally as beautiful day, oddly nice for this far into October!

Sunderlands Wearmouth Bridge and the Railway Bridge, from below this time.

aAo5jYT.jpeg

A third bridge is currently under construction which will make for some cool photographic opportunity, albeit not as great as Newcastle which I think offers five or six bridges in one shot depending on position.

Loving the pinkness. What model is that?
Started life as a Raleigh Vitesse,£5 from the tip years ago.531 main tubes and i found a 531 fork off another raleigh for it later. Was in it's original White then Red and now Magenta for past three years. :)

Very nice, I love a bike with a story behind it. I guess they all have stories but we only know some of them. Was it a DIY paint or a pro job?

Back