Bike storage

ededwards

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
I'm not totally sure that this is the right question but it does follow on from the 'how many retro bikes do you have?' thread so here may be as good a place as any.

For many of us, storage space is finite and often one of the limiting factors in trying to keep the acquisative side/madness at bay. Assuming that this is the case, what's the best method of storage - in your bedroom? In a large, barely organised pile rather like a bike version of the last 5 minutes of the Rugby World Cup Final? In neatly ordered rows? Hanging from wall or ceiling? Hiring a lock up? Round you mums? I'm sure there are some options that I've missed…….

As always, photographic illustration very useful.

depends on who you have to hide them from. Burglars. Wives. etc.

I find a cellar with spiders in it perfectly practical as a deterrent to both the above :D

wags' nightmare

storage should be a problem for me in a small apartment.

however,i'm happy to live amongst my flock providing numbers are controlled ;)

yes, the pic is meant to be a walk-through wardrobe and, yes those are wheels/rims IN the wardrobe hang-up section. a wags nightmare i reckon :)

Attachments

• Photo-0073_e1_1.jpg
    Photo-0073_e1_1.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 1,263
In the garage as below.

Regular riders in a toast rack at the front, two specials on a wall mounted rack - it would be easier to knock the wall down than remove them from the rack, which sadly is no longer available, others as and where available.

And yes I know it needs tidying. :D

Attachments

• photo2.JPG
    photo2.JPG
    65.1 KB · Views: 1,240
4 in the workshop, 3 in the wooden shed, 1.5 in shed mk4, 3 frames and various wheels tyres and tubes in the loft, and 1 just in the garden. the 1 in the garden is sacrificial, a little tip my copper mate told me.

2 In a friend's garage, 5 in my parents' basement, and the rest in my basement, where they can be locked together with long cable locks. One of these days I'll find a way to load them up and drive the 1700 miles it will take to have them all in one place.

Back