Bike storage/workshop. Your thoughts, experiences

Hi Muz,

I've used a storage container from Kinnovis, and it worked out well. The security was solid—CCTV and access control. It gave me enough space not only to store but also work on my bikes. Just ensure the facility is well-maintained and has good ventilation if you’ll be spending time there.

Good luck!
Brand new containers, with insulated roof and vents on the sides. I'll grease the contacts where the locking bar closes the door, these things can be a proper PITA otherwise!

In general i think it is a very practical solutions, still there are some things which need to be considered. Make sure the facility has 24/7 access, as some storage places might have limited opening hours. Also, ensure the container is well-ventilated to avoid any moisture buildup that could affect your bikes.

In general i think it is a very practical solutions, still there are some things which need to be considered. Make sure the facility has 24/7 access, as some storage places might have limited opening hours. Also, ensure the container is well-ventilated to avoid any moisture buildup that could affect your bikes.
Thank you. Yes, it ticks both of those boxes. I've now started using the container and settling in to my new storage/workshop

This. It focuses attention: beyond smart stacking, if you have more bikes than space, then too many bikes. (The alternative - ditching a spouse or child or two to repurpose space has its own problems ….)
What's this 'too many bikes' blasphemy you speak of? There is always enough space, always.

"Too many bikes" Is an ironic way of saying "not enough space".
You aren't meant to take it literally.

It is usually followed by slightly crazed laughter.

...or shouted in the high scream of incredulity -
"Too MANY bikes???
Too many BIKES???"

A little spittle flying, teeth bared,
a "Johnny's Home!" sort of look.

Latest posts

Back