BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
98+ BoTM Winner
Rocky Mountain Fan
Brodie Fan
Feedback
View
After a Canada special and some better weather, in the UK at least, we're expecting a few newly completed builds this month. Just a standard competition for June, so anything goes (within the rules obviously).

Useful for the poll if you can structure your nomination as follows:

username's Year Manufacturer Model , e.g. @al's 1995 weird bouncy thing
Image(s) MAXIMUM OF 2
Finally please include a link to your machine in the relevant Reader's Bikes section. If you don't have an existing post now is the time to add one with as much detail as you like!
Link to all the rules http://www.retrobike.co.uk/wiki/BoTM_Rules

Nominations thread will run for the entire month of June. Entries submitted after June the 30th will not be counted. The poll will go up shortly after the nominations close and will run for a week.

Why not start. I just added some bling today, seems like a good reason - 95 Rocky Mountain Thin Air.

IMG_7261.jpeg IMG_7267.jpeg

Last edited:
Can I enter my San Andreas?
It has won BOTM previously with a different owner - and I have made fairly significant changes?
New pedals
New headset
New crank
New chainrings
New tyres
New saddle
New bar
New stem
Fork rebuild

100 Years Al-Merlin Team
[Build thread here]

1995 Merlin XLM all original dressed in a new XTR M900 group and Tioga Psycho shoes.

I started MTB riding with age 38 to avoid a knee surgery, the year was 1992. This year, at my 70’s, I was able to finish the build of my near 30 years Merlin. We’re both original and ready to go. Ok, to be honest, we both have a few new titanium bolts.

The first Merlin XLM prototype review was published in 1993 by Mountain Bike Action magazine as a bike not intended for the market, it was too expensive, but in 1995 the frame was already listed at the Merlin Metalworks catalog with Extralight decals. The decals changed to XLM within the same year. Here is the thread about it: [Merlin XLM history to be completed]

Hope you enjoy!

1995 Merlin XLM.jpg

1995 Merlin XLM Cockpit.jpeg

Last edited:
Back