Bike collection and forwarding from Cardiff - assistance req

Once A Hero

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Is any one willing to collect a complete bike from Cardiff and send it to me in Oxford please?

Just trying to find out if the seller will box and send, but in case they won't, it would be good to know if a fellow Retrobiker could :D

Beer tokens / bike parts in exchange of course ;)

If it's something special you really want,I'd jump on a train and grab it, obv you pay the train fare.its hour train ride from me, if it's a must have I'd help out. Gives me something to do on weekend off work! Car's off the road,so for the moment im car-less.
But im sure some of the Welsh boys will help you out.

If it was 3 months earlier then I could of definitely helped you! :(, I lived in Cardiff for 20 years, but moved in December 2020. Cant think of many other Retrobikers living there, couple of people in Barry and Penarth area, so hopefully they will read this ...

Cheshire1980":34rcbnan said:
If it was 3 months earlier then I could of definitely helped you! :(, I lived in Cardiff for 20 years, but moved in December 2020. Cant think of many other Retrobikers living there, couple of people in Barry and Penarth area, so hopefully they will read this ...

I'm contemplating jumping in the car at the weekend, but don't really fancy getting a fine or the 2 hours each way!

I'm working on the seller, who voluntarily said he can get it boxed - but I'd have to sort out the courier! To which I said I'd need to know the box size and weight etc. really they should do it all if they'll box it.
It's a bit frustrating as I only actually want the frame, but there is no way I can see them willing to split so I'm not even asking!

Re:

Big ‘Shout Out’ as the kids say(?) to Carge for his assistance in inspecting, collecting and delivering the bike in question. :D :cool:

Is there anyone in or near Cardiff who could collect a bike for me and either hold on to it until I can collect it, package it and send it to me, or have a friendly retrobiker tranpsort it closer to me for me to collect?

Is there anyone in or near Cardiff who could collect a bike for me and either hold on to it until I can collect it, package it and send it to me, or have a friendly retrobiker tranpsort it closer to me for me to collect?
Yes im in cardiff...dm me and we can get this sorted for you.

Back