For Sale Bianchi NTH Martini Racing Full Suspension 1997

Buuuump! It's not possible that no one likes this Bianchi 😇

I did some research and it seems to be a Bianchi prototype. I couldn't find the serial number on the frame

You can only say that it is beautiful.
I don't think it's from the official team or the Corsican cast, the group is an XT...and other details.
And maybe it's not a prototype either. Furthermore, buying prototypes is a risk, they are basically for storage (I have some prototype parts and they are stored, even on a Campagnolo front derailleur it says: "prototype, non usable").
Possibly it was a special print run for a specific market. For example, 1 month ago I bought a Look frame that does not appear in any catalog, and it was an edition for the North American market and a few units.
Possibly that's it, and that gives it more value.
As for aluminum, as far as I know, the 7005 and 7020 series are the same, basically it is a definition of the country where the pipe comes from. For example, those that came from Taiwan used to be 7005 and those that came from Europe 7020. Oria worked 7020 and being Bianchi and being "exclusive tubes" it is possible to be a custom series from Oria for Bianchi, something like the Gilco Design from Columbus for Colnago.
For the rest, good luck with the sale... I feel like driving to Italy to buy it from you, NTHs are my weakness and I don't have any, Jjjj. I better stop watching the ad before doing something crazy.
P.S. I have kept the numbered saddle waiting for the rest of the bicycle for almost 30 years.

You can only say that it is beautiful.
I don't think it's from the official team or the Corsican cast, the group is an XT...and other details.
And maybe it's not a prototype either. Furthermore, buying prototypes is a risk, they are basically for storage (I have some prototype parts and they are stored, even on a Campagnolo front derailleur it says: "prototype, non usable").
Possibly it was a special print run for a specific market. For example, 1 month ago I bought a Look frame that does not appear in any catalog, and it was an edition for the North American market and a few units.
Possibly that's it, and that gives it more value.
As for aluminum, as far as I know, the 7005 and 7020 series are the same, basically it is a definition of the country where the pipe comes from. For example, those that came from Taiwan used to be 7005 and those that came from Europe 7020. Oria worked 7020 and being Bianchi and being "exclusive tubes" it is possible to be a custom series from Oria for Bianchi, something like the Gilco Design from Columbus for Colnago.
For the rest, good luck with the sale... I feel like driving to Italy to buy it from you, NTHs are my weakness and I don't have any, Jjjj. I better stop watching the ad before doing something crazy.
P.S. I have kept the numbered saddle waiting for the rest of the bicycle for almost 30 years.
Obi-Juan thank you for your valuable information! I totally agree with you about the things you said. It is probably a special series that was not included in the catalogues. However, I wouldn't completely eliminate the prototype option. I bought the bike in Verona. In those years the area of Verona, Brescia and Bergamo there were many riders of the Bianchi Team (Dario Acquaroli was from Bergamo).... the sports director of Bianchi, Massimo Ghirotto lives 8 km from my house. I spoke to a former rider from Bergamo who was part of Team Bianchi and he told me that at that time Bianchi had them test many prototypes. As regards the type of Aluminum 7020, this type of frame was also sold in the Bianchi catalog with AL7020. Probably because it was also used in Downhill (with different shock absorbers). Being made in Europe, they probably wanted to make sure the tubes were of excellent quality, rather than getting the more common and cheaper 7005 from Taiwan!

With the data you have provided now, the prototype option really cannot be ruled out.
It is true that many times the teams made bicycles for the riders, either so that they could try them out or to give them something that the cyclist preferred.
My friend David Plaza in his first time on the Festina team (1996 I seem to remember) told me how on a visit to the Peugeot factory he found more than 20 specific frames for which he had never seen or had been given. There were all kinds of road bikes, time trial bikes, climbing time trial bikes, etc. prototypes so that one day I could try them... or maybe not.
On Saturday I was looking for parts in the boxes in the garage and found an ITM "Outback" handlebar with a curious fact on the back: different types of nomenclature of the aluminum used depending on the country. It reminded me of what I said here. And by the way, bravo to ITM for giving that information, I had never seen that on a handlebar

Attachments

• IMG_9831.JPG
    IMG_9831.JPG
    769.8 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_9832.JPG
    IMG_9832.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 13
Yes, this message of yours is a confirmation. Nice handlebar! Just a comment. the writing indicated on the handlebars is the nomenclature of the same material in Germany, Italy and the USA. The material, however, is the same.
The material AL7005 and AL7020 are not the same material, but 2 slightly different aluminum alloys that were made in different countries (AL7005 Taiwan and 7020 in Europe). I attach this interesting link with the comparison of the 2 materials. The 7020 looks slightly better

I save this link!!
It's really useful
Thank you!
The handlebar is a small wonder, very well made. And I have the carbon version too (it's on my wife's bike). It's a shame the print will erase easily, curiously that doesn't happen with the carbon one, probably because it is varnished.

Back