Best Marin steel frame from the 90's is?

Bought as a pub-bike, my Bolinas Ridge may be entry level and without bells/whistles but I've been trail riding it more than the Team lately. It's bomb-proof solid and rides nicely. The frame is more harsh/stiff than the Team but putting Maxxis Icons on it at 2.2" makes it into a plush ride....

IMG_3320.JPG

I'll put my vote in for a 1991 Team Issue. Teesdale made with Prestige tubing. Short and unique chainstays, great handling bike. Tom mentioned that he made 32-38 total that year.

Attachments

• 1991TI.jpg
    1991TI.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 11
I have what I think is a 95 Team Marin. It's got the own branded tube set (I forget the name on the sticker, it doesn't say Tange or Prestige) but it is very thin walled & twangs nicely just like my Orange Prestige frameset.
It doesn't strike me as a much-loved specimen of Marin, as it is post Zolatone era & maybe in the shadow of anything known to be Prestige tubed. It certainly makes a nice bad-weather commuter anyhow.

I'll put my vote in for a 1991 Team Issue. Teesdale made with Prestige tubing. Short and unique chainstays, great handling bike. Tom mentioned that he made 32-38 total that year.
That's very interesting, a limited run then, not something I even knew about.

Back