Beautiful components...

I was about to post a pic of 7403 hubs too but beaten to it by TGR. My favourite hubs. I also quite like the 7410 chainset and record square taper carbon cranks.

lewisfoto":brddf7v8 said:
I don't generally like over-the-top engraving but that Tommasini is beautiful. But what happens if you want to lower the seat?

Simple. You bugger up the nice engravings thus emulating a PPB effect. Anything else you want help with? :xmas-wink:

The engraving is very beautiful indeed on the blue bike, but wouldn't such mass engraving actually weaken parts ?

PMP cranks was proved back in the 80's by an engineer that they offered no more force
than standard cranks but by christ they looked good and still look good to this day.

It is impossible for cranks to create more energy, that the law of conservation of energy that was proved way before the 80's.

I've always had a soft spot for Shimano Dura Ace EX (7200). So modern looking for its age and still displaying the elegance of the era before.

The stem is probably the most beautiful ever and its design survived in AX and 7400, but the 7200 version had the nicest engraved logo engraved. The crankset looks sleek and has the unusual offset crank and dynadrive pedals. The seatpost is a thing of beauty and the brakes have very nice details like the triangular hole that look a lot like some modern skeletal brakes and the twisting quick release.

The later hubs that are versions of the aerodynamic AX hubs with the special spoke arrangement are very nice too:

DSC_0973233.jpg

Attachments

• DA 7200.jpg
    DA 7200.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 342
Back