Wanted BB to suit a Centaur triple. Somewhere between 115 and 120mm.

Seca Blue

Retro Guru
This to slot into my Roberts that come back from repair next week hopefully.
Always used a Mavic sealed but for various reasons I’m going for something more standard this time.
I’m after as close to box fresh as possible, want to fit and forget basically.

Last edited:
BB-UN90

Top condition. £75 delivered.

Drop me a PM if interested.

Attachments

• IMG_2462.jpeg
    IMG_2462.jpeg
    325.3 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2463.jpeg
    IMG_2463.jpeg
    249.3 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2464.jpeg
    IMG_2464.jpeg
    258.7 KB · Views: 3
Hi.

I think I’ve just sprained my thumb scrolling through all that lot you’ve got, strewth.

I ‘think’ that the 91 was specific to the XTR cranks so have updated want to the 90 as it’s to go with a Campag Centaur.
Regarding length I’m coming off a 120 ish which I’d never measured until now. Guess that explains why I used to get some chain line issues!
The spare UN51 I have looks to be 120 ish too so had assumed that would be easy to get elsewhere too. Must say I haven’t a clue about bb’s as the Mavic has never been removed before.

Yup, well the UN91 is the XTR model so it doesn't surprise me that it's specific to XTR cranks (although Shimano also apparently designed it to optimally work with Dura Ace cranks, too). But hope you can find out the crank length you need. I have a good few Campag BBs so can probably help you in that direction.

Yup, well the UN91 is the XTR model so it doesn't surprise me that it's specific to XTR cranks (although Shimano also apparently designed it to optimally work with Dura Ace cranks, too). But hope you can find out the crank length you need. I have a good few Campag BBs so can probably help you in that direction.
Am I right in thinking the taper on all shimano’s is JIS and not ISO? If so they won’t fit well with the Campy cranks anyway will they?

Sure, well I think some Dura Ace kit is ISO but perhaps only that which works with DA track cranks, as a lot of this track kit was ISO back in the day. But I'm sure my Campag BBs would fit the Campag cranks, unless perhaps the cranks he has are the older MTB specific Centaur and just possibly this was JSA when considering that Campag thumb shifters were set up to work with standard Shimano indexing, instead of the usual Campag cassettes/indexing.

I’m pretty sure the UN91 didn’t go wider than 113

Could be wrong though.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back