Barracuda?

npn

Retro Guru
The latest of my quest for learning about older high end bikes.

I can't find any information on the Web for this bike:

DNDHIWA.jpg

Thoughts?

Don't mean to sound rude
my understanding is Barracuda bikes were cheap littlewoods catalog bikes in the 90's but never seen this model ,
and never seen turbine cranks on them. this has no v-brake mounts so must be 2000 onwards
i could be wrong

Re:

Prior to the bso baracuda bikes available for £99 or less at all poor retailers, a very different brand existed that made much better bikes and had a race team too.

Re: Re:

ishaw":1tmu3kr3 said:
Prior to the bso baracuda bikes available for £99 or less at all poor retailers, a very different brand existed that made much better bikes and had a race team too.

Yeah just had a read up on the old company. and its demise .
the branding reminds me of that awful Fred salmon stuff bitd. lol

Thanks guys, the frame is still for sale and the guy claims it's a early 90s frame. I guess that's when Barracuda was in it's prime and those bikes/frames now are a collector's item.

Not this one though. I honestly thought it was late 90s, less desirable but 2004, yeah, it's a piece of junk for me. Maybe only the fox rear suspension is worth something...

Re:

Depends on the price, but cranks and rear mech are decent, shock is worth less than you think as it looks pretty average, unless it's a hard to find size. Headset might be ok too.

Back