Barracuda A2 Fast opinions?

Hergules

Retro Newbie
Hi All,

Any opinions on the Barracuda A2Fast?

I just acquired one and was wondering whether anyone had any previous experience with that model (I think it was only made in 1995). It seems to be a somewhat downscale full suspension frame as compared to the A2FX.

Was this a Taiwanese-made FS model mfg'd just before Cuda was sold to Ross?

And where does one find decals these days for a Barracuda?

Someone on here has a Barracuda fan-site. I would try to inform with him what is the best place to get your decals from (if there are any)

I would think your model is Taiwanese made. I believe it was a circa 2800-3000 guilders complete bicycle here, so I would be surprised to learn they were able to produce a FS for that money in the US.

Yes - I'm assuming it came from Asia... the decal on the frame says " designed & assembled in USA"..... that's the way all of the US companies tried to market their way around offshore production. I have one Yeti-built cuda frame and it is awesome. At least they used the original geometry/specs when they started using Taiwan.

I've posted on Old Metal's blog and will reach out to Mark (Barracuda Bicycle website creator) - Thanks

Thanks - Mark posted a note a few weeks ago saying the website had been lost due to server crash and he was rebuilding it. Hope he gets it back online soon. I think his site has (had) about 75% of all the cuda info available on the web located there.

Back